t1is012 ~ Miniature Train Village
Tools for Assembling Paper Mini’s Kit:
- Metal straight-edge (ruler).
Make fold lines by pressing against the edge of the ruler.
- White craft glue that is a
“quick grab” “clear dry” type of glue.
- X-acto blade tool and fresh
- A true cutting mat
- Small artist brush with which
to paint on glue
- Small piece of aluminum foil to squeeze work glue onto.
This will act as your glue pot
- Small detailing scissors,
a.k.a. as embroidery snips
- Small black office clips
- Cotton Swab
- Optional: 1/16" paper hole
Box is available in
Paper Minis Printie CD
1. All the buildings are assembled in the same manner. Select the
schoolhouse building to start. Cut out all pieces and fold on all
fold lines. The roof has three folds in it. The bell tower should be
cut as one long rectangle and folded in half.
2. Form the building piece into an
3. Use the small artist’s paint
brush and paint glue to the four wall tabs Apply the glue to the
printed side of the tabs. Press the tabs against the respective
wall’s inside blank surface .
4. Glue the blank sides of the roof
together. This forms a completely lined roof that is folded in the
center. Use the blade tool to cut the slit twice to make sure the
bell tower’s tab will fit.
5. Paint glue to the white tabs
found along the open top side of the schoolhouse building. Place the
roof on these tabs, centering it to have slight overhang on each
6. Glue the blank sides of the bell
tower together. When dry, detail cut carefully around it’s perimeter
with the blade tool. Slip the tab down into the roof slit.
7. Repeat all steps for the house
of worship, for it is identical to the schoolhouse.
8. Assemble the houses and café
following the above steps without a tower slit.
1. Cut out the two pieces. Fold at the fold lines of the small tabs
found at the top of the silo.
2. Wind the long end of the silo
into a tube to the point that the tabs form a complete circle. Glue
the end of the silo edge against itself (glue along the height of
the silo). The winding into a tube gives the silo sides strength.
3. Again, use the paint brush and
paint glue along the edge of the silo roof where the word "glue" is
found. Wind the roof into a shallow cone to fit onto the silo.
4. Place glue onto the top sides of
the small tabs found on the top of the silo and press the roof onto
1. Assembly for all trees is the same. Cut the rectangle found
around one of the trees.
2. Begin at one end and accordion
fold down the center of the trees and smaller rectangles. Tree
panels should meet back-to-back.
3. Paint glue to the back sides of
the tree panels and press to form a three sided upright tree.
4. Detail cut around the outline of
the tree Repeat steps for all the trees.
1. Cut out animals in just their basic shapes.
2. Fold in half and then fold the
foot stands upward.
3. Paint glue to the blank sides of
the animals (do not glue the flaps that make the stands).
4. Press blank sides together. Make
sure the stand's flaps are at a 90 degree angle to the animals.
5. Detail cut around the animals’
1. Cut out the locomotive sides and locomotive box, and fold at all
fold lines to create a rectangular box.
2. Glue all the tabs to complete
the locomotive box.
3. Wrap the locomotive skin around
the box and glue into place. Take care to glue it at the same height
all around so that the wheels touch down evenly and the locomotive
4. Fold locomotive cab into a box
and glue tabs in place. Glue cab to top of locomotive.
5. Tightly roll the long chimney
piece so that it fits nicely on the front of the locomotive and glue
end. Hold in place until it dries.
6. Glue chimney onto the front flat
surface of the locomotive. Paint the top rough edge with black
paint, if desired.
7. Take the cow catcher and place a
dot of glue to the blank side on the left and right. Press against
the front left and right sides of the locomotive box front.
8. For train cars, create boxes as
you did for the locomotive. Then glue side panels in place.
9. The caboose has a little tower.
Make the cube and glue to the middle on top of the caboose car.
10. Fold the roof for the caboose
tower and glue side tab--it creates a little pyramid type shape.
Paint glue to the inside blank area of the roof and press onto the
11. Cut out all the latches. Fold
in half and glue blank sides together and allow to dry.
12. Use the 1/16” hole punch and
punch a hole in latches where designated. Use a blade tool if you
don’t have a hole punch. If you're using a blade tool, cut a cross +
to touch N.E.S.W. edge of circle. Then cut each quadrant away.
13. Glue the black latch to the
back underside of the locomotive. The hole should extend out away
from train car. Make sure that each latch that is glued in place
will have clearance for the connective brad included in the kit.
14. Glue the yellow latches to each
underside end of the yellow car and glue the blue latches to each
underside end of the blue car.
15. Glue the red latch to the front
underside of the caboose.
16. Connect the train cars together
using the brads.