h1is003b ~ Victorian Desk Set
Tools for Assembling Paper Mini’s Kit:
- Metal straight-edge (ruler).
Make fold lines by pressing against edge of the ruler.
- White craft glue that is a
“quick grab” “clear dry” type of glue.
- A good cutting mat
- Black office binder clip,
tweezers, small artist brush, needle, embroidery scissors,
aluminum foil to squeeze work glue onto and use as a work
- X-acto blade tool.
- Wood dowel or slim pen or
pencil to wrap pencil can around. You don’t need the item to
wrap around, but it makes forming the cylinder much easier.
1. Address Book: Visit the photo tutorial for the
Book Version 4 to assemble
the address book. The difference only is to fold the pages in half
and glue blank sides together--the tabs should be back to back.
2. Use the blade tool to cut
detailing around the tabs.
3. Pencil Can Assembly: Fold
small tabs found at bottom of pencil can. Fold edging at the top of
4. Wrap can cylinder around wood
dowel and then glue long tab to inside of can cylinder. Remove
5. Place a thin coat of glue to the
yellow side of the small circle (can bottom). Affix bottom tabs to
6. Fold down can edging and glue in
place. You can use the other circle for the inside of the can if you
7. Pencils Assembly: Visit
the Pencil tutorial to see
the photo tutorial.
8. To add realism take a small
length of lead that is available for mechanical pencils and put a
bit of glue on the end. Place end of lead into open shaft of pencil.
9. Notepad: Visit the
Wall Calendar photo
tutorial for instructions on the notepad assembly.