f1is010c ~ Boxed Christmas Cards
Tools for Assembling Paper Mini’s Kit:
- Metal straight-edge (ruler).
Make fold lines by pressing against the edge of the ruler.
- White craft glue that is a
“quick grab” “clear dry” type of glue.
- X-acto blade tool and fresh
- A true cutting mat
- Small artist brush with which
to paint on glue
- Small piece of aluminum foil to squeeze work glue onto.
This will act as your glue pot
- Small detailing scissors,
a.k.a. as embroidery snips
- Small black office clips
- Cotton Swab
1. Cut out cards and fold in
2. Visit the generic Paper Minis™
Envelope Photo Tutorial to make perfect fit envelopes.
3. Take box base, fold in half and paint glue to blank surface.
Press flat and put under something heavy and flat to keep flat while
it is drying.
4. Fold box top and bottom at natural points. Review the photo for
5. Cut out window hole.
6. Paint glue to colored sides of the top and bottoms tabs. Press
against the blank box surface of the respective side.
7. Paint glue to blank sides of the striped lining panels. Use
tweezers on crease when making the bonds. This will ensure that the
crease is as tight as possible and the top will then fit over the
8. Use the window pattern and cut out the acetate window.
9. Glue the acetate in place on the interior side of the box top.
10. Fold down the sides of the faux box bottom and place into box.
Place cards and envelopes on top of it and close box.