a1is002c ~ Contemporary Classroom Notebooks
Tools for Assembling Paper Mini’s Kit:
- Metal straight-edge (ruler).
Make fold lines by pressing against the edge of the ruler.
- White craft glue that is a
“quick grab” “clear dry” type of glue.
- X-acto blade tool and fresh
- A true cutting mat
- cotton tipped swab
- Small artist brush with which
to paint on glue
- Small piece of aluminum foil to squeeze work glue onto.
This will act as your glue pot
- Small detailing scissors,
a.k.a. as embroidery snips
- Small black office clips
Composition Notebook or Loose-Leaf Notebook Assembly Instructions
1. Fold notebook cover to create a spine.
Refer to the Generic Book
Photo Tutorial for a similar construction guide.
2. Pinch pages into a black office binder clip. (Note: the Composition notebook
pages have rounded corners. Save some squared corner paper for the loose-leaf
folders.) Be sure to cushion the clip with cardboard or similar item to prevent
3. Use an artist’s brush to apply an even thick coat of glue to the pages where
the binding will be. Allow glue to dry thoroughly.
4. Take the notebook cover and apply a coat of glue to length of inner spine.
Remove clip from pages and carefully lay pages into the spine. Try to prop the
notebook between two items to hold it upright. The point is to try to keep the
spine glued without completely closing the notebook cover. If the notebook cover
is completely shut, you risk gluing the first and last pages to the book cover.
Pocket Folder Assembly
1. Fold tabs and fold up panels found attached to
2. Glue tabs to inner blank surfaces of the folder.